Monday, December 13, 2010

How to Post with Kids

Rather than making excuses about why we haven't posted in weeks (sick kids, sick husbands, weather, holidays, too busy making gifts, vacations, etc.), I thought it would be more productive to make a list of the best ways to blog when kids are in the picture.

  1. Blog very early in the morning or very late at night. My kids are in bed from 8:30 until 7:30 on an average night, so if I'm not interested in sleeping 11 hours I can use some of my alone time to blog.
  2. Blog during naptime. Again, my kids are in their rooms from 1 until 3 so this gives me 2 hours to blog. That should be enough, right?
  3. Give the kids an endless supply of cookies, candy, or chocolate milk in front of Sesame Street or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. They don't need attention if they are stuffing their faces and laughing at the silly tv.
  4. Wait until Daddy comes home and sneak into the bathroom with the laptop. Just make sure to LOCK THE DOOR. Once you've been caught they will never trust you again.
  5. Tell everyone you need a nap and hide under the covers with your laptop. Again, don't get caught.
  6. Put on Christmas music and let the kids dance and shake jingle bells while you type.
  7. Let them crawl into bed with you to take a nap and turn your body the other way so they don't know you are secretly typing on the netbook.
  8. Tell them you will take them out to play in the snow IF they will clean the playroom first and use the cleaning time to blog.
  9. Setup your desk with two computers- one for the kids to watch videos or play games and one for blogging.
  10. Put up a gate around your desk so they just can't get to you.
I hope to be on again later today to do some posting. I'll try using my own suggestions. Thanks for checking out our blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment