Thursday, September 30, 2010

Off With the Thread!

After several weeks of sewing with invisible thread I've discovered that it is no longer a love-hate relationship. It is all hate. It was a wonderful start to the relationship. Discovering that I could use it with anything. Never having to change out the thread. Not spinning new bobbins. Life was good.

Until it wasn't. The tricky thread started to show it's evil head. It got caught on the spool, it got caught on the thread guide, I had to take off both covers on the machine and pull the thread out of tight spots it got itself into. I decided I wasn't going to take it anymore. I traded it out for a nice cotton-poly blend thread. But I now had baggage. The invisible thread had left it's mark on my machine. No other thread could work on it again. My invisible thread had messed up the tension on my machine.

So now I have to say good bye to my lovely machine. The one I truly LOVE. It is off to have physical therapy in Ohio for a few days or weeks. Hopefully it will forgive me for my mistreatment. Hopefully, in time, my machine will forget that awful thread and be able to move on.

(The thread in question is a certain C & C brand and I do NOT recommend it.)

2 comments:

  1. I jacked up my machine with that thread too! It was on my very first quilt, that I made with Sara. I'll never use it again! I didn't realize it was that thread that had messed up my tension though. Good to know! I was just ready to throw my machine on the floor and beat it with a bat! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rachel, I'm glad you found out it wasn't your machine so you didn't destroy it :) Evil transparent thread!!!!!

    ReplyDelete