Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I Love Wednesdays

Wednesdays are my FAVORITE day of the week!  Why, you ask?  It's craft day of course!  The preparation begins on Tuesday night. I pack up my sewing bag, sewing machine, diaper bag, snack bag, and baby C's swing.
 
Wednesday morning starts early.  I'm up and showered by 8 and then start dinner in our awesome crock pot.  We got it for $5 at a garage sale!  I LOVE it for busy days like Wednesday.  You know what else I love for my crock pot?  These handy liners.  It makes clean-up a breeze!








When the kids wake up we hurry to get ready, packing up sound machines, baby monitors, and sleeping "lovies" for nap time. 

When we arrive at Libby's house around 9:30 we get the kids set up with snacks and toys, set up our machines and gab.  We also get everything ready for nap time.  Let me tell you, getting a house ready for 7 children to nap in is not a fast job.  We utilize all bedrooms, the basement, and if necessary, a bathroom :)  There are pack 'n plays, monitors, stuffed animals and books to get ready.  
Then, the fun begins: SEWING!

We sew, children allowing, until it's time to pick up I and M from preschool.  While one mom takes off to pick up kids, the rest prepare lunch.  After lunch the kids nap and we REALLY get to sewing.  As children start to wake up, we begin packing up for home (another long process).

We hurry home around 4 to make sure dinner is done before our husbands get home.  We eat, clean up, and we're out the door for mom's only sewing night.  We sit, relax, have a glass of wine and chat while sewing or planning our next project.

It's a busy day and often hectic, but it's my favorite day of the week!

This is all subject to change next week as we start meeting Tuesday nights instead of Wednesday nights. Libby is taking a cake decorating class. It will be nice to start the projects without kids and finish through the chaos.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like so much fun! Even though I don't know most of you, I wish I lived closer so I could join you one day. Have an awesome week together!

    ReplyDelete